Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Blog ads

Since my blog is doing well and I'm having heaps of fun writing it. I've decided to add ads using Google ads. My understanding of how this works is that it reads the page and tries to target the ads based upon what's there. Now I see this leading to some crappy stuff happening. Such as advertising for Homeopathy appearing on an entry where I'm trashing Homeopathy. This does cause me some concern.
However. When I think about it. Hopefully very few people who read my blog will be after such services. And those that click through may be doing so just to go see how stupid they are or something similar.
Also. I'm pretty sure that it costs the owner of the ad for each impression (when it shows up on the page) and each click through. Also, I think I get paid for the same.
This leads to the happy situation where the ads for crap appear on my page It costs them money, makes me money. But no one seeing the ads actually goes and buys anything from them.
So perhaps it will work out well.  

1 comment:

  1. I see the adds on the side. Most were homeopathy, but one was for Scientology. Let's hope your hypothesis is correct.

    ReplyDelete