Saturday, August 14, 2010

First and foremost.

So.. First post. This is me.

This is my first attempt at published writing of any kind so I expect it may take me awhile to get the hang of it and settle on my style and what not.

I intend for this blog to basically be about general science news and skeptical issues that take my interest or that I think are important. Particularly when they relate to here in New Zealand.
That is what I mostly intend. Tho as it's my blog I may just rant about anything I want.

As I said. This is my first attempt at anything like this so I imagine it will just evolve and change as I go along.

So then.

Issue the first.

http://www.simillimum.co.nz/

I walked past this place the other day. It's a homeopathic pharmacy!

Pharmacy has two definitions
1. The art of preparing and dispensing drugs.
2. A place where drugs are sold.


Homeopathy is water. There is nothing else in a homeopathic "remedy" other than water. This is fact. One that homeopaths cannot deny. Since when is water a drug? If you claim to be preparing and dispensing drugs then don't you have to sell something that isn't water?

Here is the problem with so called complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). I'm sure I shall return to this point over and over again. So it seems appropriate that I get it out here in my first entry.
Are you ready. Because it's profound.

When treatments work. Doctors use them. That's called medicine. When treatments don't have any evidence that they work. Or they are in fact harmful. Doctors don't use them.

Not only is there a mountain of evidence that Homeopathy does not work.
It's impossible.
It's just water.   

No comments:

Post a Comment